Monday, September 27, 2010

Small disaster averted...maybe

A few days ago I spent the night in Can Tho while in the Mekong Delta and in the morning I was in a hurry to get my stuff together in my hotel room so I could checkout. I accidentally left my Sony 11-18mm camera lens behind. :-( I didn't discover this until the next morning in Saigon though. For the last 2 days I have been trying to find out if the hotel staff found it and if so can I get it sent to me here in Saigon. The other complicating wrinkle is that I am leaving Saigon first thing in the morning. Well, the tentative good news is that this afternoon the hotel in Can Tho said they had found my lens and that they will give it to someone who is taking a bus to Saigon today (for other reasons) and that I can pick the lens up at 7:00 PM not far from where I am staying. I have my fingers crossed that all is well, there are no mistakes, and the lens is still in like new condition. I will know in a couple of hours, I suppose! Please, please!!!

Yesterday and today I continued wondering around Saigon with my camera. It is still very hot and humid so everytime I happen to be near my hotel I go in and take a cold shower. I guess that I have been averaging about 4-5 showers a day since I got here. :-)

No comments: